Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Working With Designers

My professor made a few comments lately about the importance of learning the skills to not only edit video and sound, but to play around with programs like Dreamweaver. She said it was important in order to understand how long it can take to design a page.

I have had to work with two designers and I have come to realize that their work can take longer to put together than my work. It is almost frustrating because on deadline the work might be done but if any last minute changes need to happen I am now feeling terrible about it because it is possible to miss the deadline just because of design.

This whole experience only makes me understand how important it is to have a good relationship with your designer and to make sure it stays that way through out deadlines. I guess last minute changes will always occur, but unless a journalist is also a designer the journalist must keep the designer in mind at all times. Why? Because the journalist will need the designer more than the designer needs the journalist.

No comments: