Friday, April 25, 2008

CNJ 442

CNJ 442 is an online journalism class offered at The University of Miami. I was in this class and I must say that it was my most difficult class this semester. It's funny how sometimes people like to think that because they are engineering or chemistry majors they have it harder, but I would like to differ. I do see how studying 24/7 can be challenging, but hey, math and science comes easy to some, and at the end of the day these students can do their work at any hour of the day.

For journalists, everything is harder. Our work depends on others and their cooperation. Besides this normality of the world of journalism, what was toughest in the class was performing tasks that I had never done before. If the assignment was to create a web page, I somehow had to do it. If the assignment was to create a video, I had to do it. I must say that although I still have no clue how to use Dreamweaver, I do feel more comfortable putting together a multimedia package (as long as I have a little help from designers).

Ha! Designers. Something else I learned in this class (I know I already blogged about it),but that was quite the experience working with designers. This class just prepared me for the real world, because it was like a news writing class but on crack.

Originally I enrolled because I saw the word "online" and realized that I couldn't go wrong taking a class that was focusing on the future, arguably the present, of journalism. It is almost over, but I must say I am going to miss saying that "I hate my life" because of the class.

No comments: