Friday, February 22, 2008

From Ordinary To Extraordinary

I have to admit that I am freaking out because I have to create a web page for myself and I have never done that before. The good news is that since there are programs like Dreamweaver I don't have to worry about the code and it will do it for me. Instead I have to think about what I want my page to look like and tell someone who is a designer to help me make it happen. This brings me to alternative copy or what things I could do in order get hits and and keep my readers engaged. I started to look around and I think it's worth looking into the EyeTrack07 results. Read and watch the video: http://www.poynter.org/content/content_view.asp?id=120458

It is probably not the most current study, but it is a good place to start for those of us that haven't done much research in the area of studying readers. I think it is safe to say that no matter what we can't forget about incorporating alternative copy styles into our work in order to keep readers engaged for longer than what they would be with a safe story of just regular text. Especially with online work it can be fun to always keep readers involved by having cool new ways of presenting information.

No comments: